Saturday 26 April 2014

Family: Is it really fair? Is it truly home? It is love?

I may be slightly well-off as compared to others. I may have more things than others. I may be a little smarter than the others. But really, do i have a home? Is there a place where i could feel peace every single night to rest, to study, to feel calmed? I live in a house - devoid of love and joy, where peace and patience is missing, of living in zero-kindness. I have no money.

My dad, or what he is by the law, only gives me a mere $10 for my daily allowance. Before anyone starts to comment and judge, i want to make my stand. Yes, some people do get less than $10 a day. But really, because of the fact that 'i do not have a home', i don't eat at home. There is nothing to eat at home, literally NOTHING. Imagine coming home from a very tiring day in school to nothingness - no food, no snacks, no peace. And yet according to my 'father', $10 would suffice. Considering the fact that one day last 24 hours and there are 7 days in a week, $10 is included in the expenses section of 4-6 meals a day, transport expenses, and the purchase of new lecture notes and writing materials. How then, is $10 enough? Night after night after night, i come home hungry, i didn't know what to do. Normally, the reaction or instinct is to eat. I have no cash and there is no food at 'home'.

Matthew 7:10-11 "Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?"
Now, what was Jesus trying to say? I think what the Son of God is implying is pretty explicit and self-explanatory. I would love no accept my fate and live my life to say yes to what i have and not complain but, explain to me why am i treated like this? Why can't my 'dad' sympathise or empathise with me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment